Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The last half of January

If you read my last blog entry, you'll know that my plans changed on the way back to Portland after specials. I was in touch with Linda and Shauna, and needing to get together with them to exchange with Shauna the clothes we lent each other for special meeting rounds. They suggested I come stay the night with them at Brenda's (Linda's twin)...and it was too great an offer to refuse. We had such a great afternoon and evening together. They made pizza on the grill, and it was awesome! The process was a bit hilarious though. Alex and Linda were manning the grill, which was indoors (dangerous, I know! but doors and windows were wide open)

Brenda and Shauna below. Brenda is playing with the lighter here, which the camera didn't capture very well. But I think it did capture the fun we were all having. : )

Time to eat! Below, from left: Dave, Alex, Linda, Brenda, Shauna and Adrian.


Here we three are in our "therapy room"...talks with friends are quite therapeutic, wouldn't you agree?

That week I made a quick trip to Seattle to help Michelle move some of her things to Mom's. This was our last load that we took to her car, and as she opened the door to put things in, all kinds of stuff tumbled out. We were still able to laugh at this point, that was good!

This was one of my last walks at Boring before going back to the field. It was a gorgeous morning. Yes, I do occasionally see the sunrise! (it's more likely to happen in the winter)


Michelle and I noticed this fire hydrant, and it seemed like such a strange place for one. Any guesses about where this is. It actually makes sense to have one there, after we thought about it a little. It just entertained us for the moment.

Michelle and I took Mom to Rimsky Korsakoffee House for her birthday. It's one of our favorite places to go in Portland. If you haven't been, you'll have to check it out. They have a classical music theme, and usually have a pianist (or sometimes a guitarist, I guess, though I've never seen one there).

This was our pianist for the evening, Christine. She was delightful. Played quite a bit of Chopin for me. Not that I am a classical music buff, she asked if anyone knew the composer of one piece she played, I guessed Chopin, and was wrong. So that is when she started playing some of his music, which I do enjoy.

Mom took me to the field on the 24th, and we had the night together at Mel and Cassie McDonald. Mom quickly bonded with their dogs, Mack and Skeeter. : )