Thursday, May 29, 2008

A whirlwind of a month...

Wondering why I haven't been blogging? Too much of life has been happening. My co-worker of the last year, Linda G., lost her aunt at the end of April (that was when Margaret, Doyle and Brandon came to help me out--Linda was at her Aunt Nancy's funeral that weekend). At that same time Linda found out that her mother needed surgery for cancer. So May 5th Linda went to be with her mom, and I stayed around Roseburg to tie up some loose ends and have our last meeting May 11th, with Hazel Pierce's help. Linda's mom didn't do well at all after surgery, and it was May 11th that she passed away. So it's been a really rough time for Linda and her family. I was glad to be able to be at her funeral in The Dalles on May 19th. Linda and her siblings had a very nice memorial service for her.
On the way home from Linda's mom's funeral, I stopped to walk a bit at Multnomah Falls.

me and Hazel Pierce after the last meeting in Yoncalla

I've been with my mom some lately, and part of that time my sister was there. We had so much fun together...as you might be able to tell.

We went up to see Rumseys (Michelle and Zoe are really good pals), and wound up crashing Marlene's birthday party! They were all very gracious about it, and it was fun to celebrate with them and see the whole family.
Michelle and Zoe

Majken and Marlene

Milan Rumsey...such a sweetie!

After one of the Gresham Gospel meetings, Marlene pointed out this bird nest to me--wow! I had never seen them in the nest like this. Lee Irish knew exactly what kind of robins they were.

I've also been back and forth to Roseburg/Cottage Grove a few times. One trip to Cottage Grove area, I got to see Tiffany Arnold, and got a picture of her that I love. She taught me the difference between a longboard and a skateboard--one is more for tricks, and one is more for transportation. She sports the transportation model, the longboard. (If I understood all of that correctly)
On another trip to Cottage Grove, I managed to fit in a hike with Arlyn and Joyce Anderson. We hike Mt. Pisgah. It was lovely, and great to be with Andersons.

Last stop at Saginaw...fun, as usual, to be with Sorensons. Ellen and Elysse here. Elysse was leaving for the weekend at Mountain Ranch. She graduates this year!

Boring convention kitties. Cayenne is kind of sick these days. Maybe this kitty will stay on and continue the legacy?

The memorial Day picnic at Wildwood Park. Doug and Janice, and Jeremy Franzoni!! Jeremy is a new arrival from China. He is 29 months old, I believe. Doug and Janice are all GLOWING these days!! : )


Bradley and Sandra Corcoran's youngest, Zachary, loves Carol Wright's little dog (and all other dogs, I understand). : )

I got to see Mr. Lehman this week, and was strolling down memory lane. Most of you would know he's really special to me and Michelle, and had a big part in raising us. Here we were some years ago. A shaving cream fight. He tricked me into kissing and making up, but I'm pretty sure he was giving me a good whisker rub here. : ) I visited Mr. Lehman on Tuesday (yes, that's his name, and that's what we've always called him--it's very much a term of endearment to us, though it sounds quite formal to others) We went to see his brother, Gordie and Sandy too. Great to see them again. After that I went to see their mother, Grandma Agnes, in a nursing home in Camas. I wanted to take a picture, but she doesn't look very good these days, so here's an older picture that I love. She was going into a nursing home at the time of this picture, so I think there's a reason Mr. Lehman looks kind of sad in the picture.

Uncle Gordie and Sandy

Mr. Lehman and me

Tomorrow bright and early Linda and I depart from Portland for Toronto! We'll be gone from Oregon until July 15th, attending six conventions between now and then. I'll go to three in Ontario, one in Quebec, and two in New Brunswick...not in that order. Linda goes to three in Ontario, two in New Brunswick and one in Nova Scotia, again not in that order. We'll be together for three out of the six weeks. I'm leaving my laptop behind, and taking just the pocket pc, but I'll try to send some blog posts in by email. Au revoir!